Come to Borough Hall on Sat, April 27th at 10 am (9am start for paper shredding) and:
- Learn about the history of Harrington Park. The Harrington Park Historical Society will celebrate “History Day” at Borough Hall with displays on HP history; on Sunday they are sponsoring tours of the Old Burying Ground and a historic home as part of Heritage Weekend. (Look at their facebook site for more information!) .
- Support the HP Garden Club and purchase beautiful local perennials to plant in your garden.
- Check out the FREE mini health fair in Borough Hall.
- Bring your old, unwanted and confidential papers to be shredded in a shredding truck located in the parking lot (from 9am-1pm). FREE. Sponsored by the BCUA.
- Look for the DPW truck in the parking lot. It holds a 2 cubic yard of humus; this rich organic material is “homegrown” from composted leaves (collected in HP in 2011) and can be used to enrich garden soil or as a mulch. Place your order for home delivery of this humus in early May. The cost is $10 per cubic yard, minimum order is 2 yards. For more information, please contact the DPW at 201-768-0944.
- Visit the HP Green Team/EC table (by the truck), say hello to a friendly Environmental Commission member and learn about recycling, electronic and hazardous waste disposal dates, local farmers’ markets, the Stokes Farm CSA, and much more…and pick up free (and useful) goodies!
- Finally, learn about home composting. Earth Machine™ composters, on consignment from the BCUA, for $54 each, will be available for purchase. (Please search composting on this site for more information! This is a photo an Earth Machine™ composter from the Green Team display at the September 2011 town day. Easy to use and a great way to reduce household waste!)